22.6.11

Impossible Germany, Inevitable Beijing

Inevitable
Inevitable, originally uploaded by _Loaf_.

I found this space when I was exploring abandoned factories in Beijing.

Like the shamans who tried to heal by painting under me, I paint on these walls my own numinous symbols discovered in the land of the dreaming. The numinosity, or magical power, of our symbols transcends time and space.

Golden rain can be seen throughout history as the means by which the gods heal the land. Think of rainfall and a plentiful harvest as a conscious interpretation of the metaphor. Also, think back to the emaculate conception of Mary with Jesus, often represented by golden rain from the heavens. Further back brings us to the emaculate conception of the Greek Danae, impregnated by Zeus, also depicted as golden rainfall. Further back we go to Egypt with Isis, if you know that story, and the stories go on across cultures and time.

Modernity has not lost its connection with nature, but I feel we have forgotten how to perceive this connection which is ever active, constantly illuminating the Way, because the story goes on and on.

No comments:

¨°º¤ø Blog Archive ø¤º°¨`

¨°º¤ø Friends ø¤º°¨`